Student Services and Housing
The Ailey School offers a range of services to meet the educational, physical and personal needs of its students.
- Workshops and lectures on nutrition, health care, psychological wellness, injury prevention and other relevant topics. Career counseling and placement assistance
- Counseling services (staff, faculty and professional)
- Financial aid counseling
- International student services
- On-site physical therapists and treatment room
- On-site video library and reading room
- Student teaching opportunities as assistants in Junior Division classes
- On-site Ailey Boutique and concession booth
Physical therapy services to avert and treat injuries are available to students enrolled in all full-time programs. Injuries are evaluated by one of our physical therapists, who will advise on how to manage the injury and/or modify activity. More serious injuries are referred to a physician for additional treatment. These services offer an excellent opportunity for dancers to learn about their own bodies.
The on-site physical therapy room is equipped with strength and cardiovascular equipment for cross training, including:
- Lower and upper extremity bikes
- Pilates Cadillac (reformer and trapeze table)
- Free weights
- Cable columns
- Balance equipment
- Limited housing is available at the Ludlow Residence for students in the Certificate, Independent Study, and Scholarship Programs who have financial need.
- Summer housing is available at the Fordham University Dormitory and at the Ludlow Residence for Summer Intensive students.
- Housing is provided at the Fordham University Dormitory during the academic year for students enrolled in the Ailey/Fordham BFA Program
- We also offer resources for finding off-campus housing for students in the Certificate, Independent Study, and Scholarship Programs.
For additional housing information contact admissions.